What do we do?
We’re an athletics club. Both men and women young and less young form the club, ranging from the social runner to the competitive. The club holds regular training sessions with experienced coaches every week for those interested. During the winter, we host our own races which are free to all members. There are also various social events throughout the year. This includes a trivia night, functions etc. A great way to keep up to date with events and photos is to add yourself as a friend on Facebook.
Will I be too slow?
This is the most common question we get. The whole purpose of the club is to provide an environment where you can improve and develop, no matter what stage you are at. You don’t have to be fast, you don’t even have to be fit. Maybe you did a fun run and liked the thought of running regularly with a group, or maybe you want to get that personal best and need a push in the right direction. Your best plan if this sounds like you is to contact Tony Dell and come along on a Wednesday night. Tony can be contacted on his mobile at 0418 541 019, land line 03 9722 9145 or by Email.
Want to come and train?
1. A beginner/intermediate training group is the best place to start to get an idea as to where you may be best suited. They train on Wednesday nights starting at 6pm, starting at the clubrooms (click for map of club room). There is a range from absolute beginners in this group (this means even unfit slow runners can join in and have fun!) to some of those who are gradually trying to improve so they can complete fun runs, half marathons and even marathons. So often this group will split into smaller subgroups at differing abilities. The coach is Tony Dell who can be contacted on his mobile at 0418 541 019, land line 03 9722 9145 or by Email.
2. Winter training speed sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This group suits those who would like to join a group of runners who will do some structured speed work. Both middle distance and longer distance runners make up this group. Meet at the clubrooms (click for map of club room) around 5:30 – 5:45 on Tuesday and Thursdays. Contact Bill Peterson on his mobile: 0413 537 082 for details or send him an Email.
3. If you are interested in improving as a distance runner, then every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 6pm at the club room there is usually a group heading out which you can join (click for map of club room).
4. There is also a women’s running group that meet at the Tan every Saturday morning at 8AM near the shrine and opposite The Observatory Cafe (click for map)- contact Petrina (by Email or phone 9497 2705) for more details.
Who can join and how much is it to join?
Men and women of any standard are welcome to join the club. Everyone is welcome to come and see if the club is suitable for you before committing.
Club Member with AV Registration (Full use of all club services/facilities and registered to run in AV competition for the club) Fee $50.00
Club Member non-AV Registered (Use of club services facilities, but not eligible to run in AV events as a member of the Richmond Harriers team) Fee $70.00
Associate Member (Does not use club services/facilities but may take part in club races) Fee $50.00
Gym Member only (use of the club’s fully equipped gym and shower facilities only – includes $50.00 Associate membership)Fee $130.00
Junior Member (under 18 at 31 December 2012 or full time secondary student with AV membership for the club) Fee: $20.00
Family Membership (up to 2 adults and all children under 18 at 31 December 2012) Fee: $100.00
AV Registration For 2012-13 – this is the form to use if you would like to race in the Athletics Victoria races
When and where are the club races?
Richmond host races for club members all year round. In Winter, we host cross country and road races, while in summer, we host our own track and field events. At the top of the homepage is the list of upcoming events.
Where are we?
The club is based in Citizens Park, located on the corner of Highett and Gleadell St.,Richmond, Melbourne. click for map.
Need Further information?
* Ring Tony for more details 03 9722 9145 or by Email
* Our postal address is- Richmond Harriers Inc. PO Box 220, Richmond 3121
Richmond Harriers is proudly sponsored by Bendigo Bank
For other non club related information, the Cool Running website is a great resource for runners.